Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Elephant Bar




If I had to admit one of my guilty pleasures it would be eating at The Elephant Bar. And today I had the opportunity to do that with my two lunch dates. I tried to eat healthy but got a bit carried away for dessert. My meal started off with a ground beef and lettuce wrap appetizer, followed by a lunch combo of tempura salmon roll with a side of pad thai. Though I was satisfied with my meal I was tempted into sharing a small delicious sundae in a deep fried wonton. I do not want to guess how many calories this all added up to; instead I will savor the moment. For a quick recipe of the Beef in Lettuce Wrap see below:

Ground Beef and Lettuce Wrap

2 lbs. ground beef
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon hot chili oil
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 (3/4 ounce) package stir fry seasoning
2 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 bunch chopped green onion
1/2 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
iceberg lettuce

Instructions: Brown ground beef with a bit of sesame oil and hot chili oil. Add some light soy sauce, pepper, garlic, 1/2 package of stir fry seasoning and 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce. After ingredients browned halfway add 1 bunch chopped green onions and 1/2 bag of coleslaw mix and finish browning. While the ground beef mix is cooking, wash a head of iceberg lettuce and carefully pull whole leaves off. When ground beef mixture is done serve with crisp cold lettuce.

















No comments:

Post a Comment