Monday, February 1, 2010

A Beautiful Day


With all the rain we've had in the past week, the sun finally came out to stay. The weather is perfect for planting in the garden, and today I did just that. In my tiny garden I planted some early girl tomatoes, better boy tomato, cucumber, mesclun, chocolate mint, greek oregano, violas and pansies. Hoping for a successful early summer harvest.


These are herbs for my windowsill, rosemary, peppermint and greek oregano. They smell so fresh and beautiful.



I rewarded myself after digging in the garden with a quick trip to kokomo for a refreshing yogurt treat. My favorite combination, tart yogurt and raspberry swirl on top of pineapple and strawberry yogurt, mixed with fresh berries, mochi and mango. Yummy and healthy too.

3 comments:

  1. where is this "kokomo? place? Would love to sample some of that yogurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you come and visit I'll take you everyday! :) the girls will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god i am so jealous! i am starting my first real garden this year but i am just starting the seeds hopefully this weekend.

    ReplyDelete